I have no idea what the world's name is (and of course it will vary according to the speakers)... but here it is.
Probably took about 5 hours, both to make the continents and to figure out where the climate zones out. I don't want it to be pretty, just functional, and it's pretty functional, which is good enough for me.
You'll need to fullview if you want to see exactly what all the climates are, but in general:
- RAINFOREST is at the equator line, flanked by lighter green SAVANNA.
- Darker green-blue is the MONSOON area.
- Light flesh color is the WARM DESERT, while darker flesh is the COLD DESERT, while the coastal areas off the cold desert are the STEPPES
- Yellow is MOUNTAINS, the lighter purple is a TUNDRA zone and designates the really cold places where nothing grows.
- White is icecaps and such (I didn't put any on the mountains because ... I didn't)
- Light green is the MEDITERRANEAN, light blue is MARINE. Teal is HUMID CONTINENTAL, bright green is SUBTROPICAL
The color key (ugly as it is), covers up nothing but OCEAN, which I hope you can tell is the gray-blue. XD